Modeling of Plasma Effects of Applied Resonant Magnetic Perturbations
To be held in San Diego, CA,
August 25-26, 2008.
Co-organizers: Todd Evans (GA), Rick Moyer (UCSD) and Scott Kruger (Tech-X Corporation)
will take place at General
Atomics (Building 15 Room 019) in San
USA from Monday, August 25, 2008 to Tuesday, August 26,
Participants to the RMP Modeling Workshop must make sure that
they perform the following actions (in chronological order).
- Visa Information: For those participants who require a visa in order to enter the U.S. you must submit the Non U.S. Citizen Form no later than July 7, 2008. Once this form has been submitted an invitation letter will be shipped to you as quickly as possible. Immediately upon receiving the invitation letter and supporting documents the participant is required to arrange for a U.S. Consulate interview as directed in the invitation letter. This action begins the visa process. Due to recent changes in the visa application procedure, the processing time for a visa has increased significantly. Unfortunately neither the U.S. Department of Energy or the sponsoring organizers can guarantee a visa will be issued in time to attend the meeting. If you have any questions regarding the visa process you may contact Brenda Bowman, International Relations Coordinator at bowmanfusion.gat.com
Citizens of certain countries (visa waiver
countries) do NOT need U.S. visas for entry.
These countries are:
Andorra Iceland Norway Australia Ireland Portugal Austria
Italy San Marino Belgium Japan Singapore Brunei Liechtenstein
Slovenia Denmark Luxembourg Spain Finland Monaco Sweden France
Netherlands Switzerland Germany New Zealand United Kingdom (also,
Canadian citizens do no need visas).
For verification on visa waiver countries see the following site: http://travel.state.gov/vwp.html.
Citizens of these countries must make sure that they
have machine readable passports (see the same site for more
- Complete and submit the non-U.S.
Citizen form by July 7, 2008, if you need a visa or by July 14, 2008, if you do not need a visa. Note that
submissions after this date can be accepted, but there is no guarantee
for entry to GA will be completed before the meeting.
- Submit a title and abstract of your presentation, if any to:
RMPmeet08-rsvpice.txcorp.com by July 14, 2008. See agenda for updates.
- Make reservations at hotel of your choice.
- Complete and submit the registration
form by July 21, 2008.
- Complete and submit the cyber access
form by July 21 , 2008. The completed form should be printed out, signed and faxed
to Kristi Keith at General Atomics.
- Arrive at the GA visitor reception center by 8:00 A.M. of the
first morning of the meeting to pickup badge. (see map
Note: It is extremely important that all
forms be filled out by the
For general questions
on meeting (e.g. transport, accommodation,
registration, non U.S. citizen form, etc.)
For RMP Modeling Workshop
|For VISA Support